Sunday, January 10, 2010

Book/Box Collaboration



The other day Rice Freeman Zachary had a connection to a video of the most incredible book and box construction that anyone could imagine. http://vimeo.com/7694315. I forwarded it to my book making friend Chele and we decided we should collaborate on a structure using books, boxes and drawers.

Yesterday she came by and we discussed many possibilities regarding structure and materials and actually settled on and idea and made "assignments" as to who will do what part as a beginning. It may only be a mock-up for the time being, but it will be a challenge for both of us.
The drawing is our first ideas for the structure.

I'm pretty excited about this as I've been looking for something to spur my imagination and creativity. We'll see where it goes.

My part, for the moment, is to make drawers and to experiment with staining different weights and types of paper for the book pages. Chele will begin her part with constructing the little books.


And away we go......................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And aren't you glad you posted this?!