Thursday, July 5, 2012

Feeling Good


I'm almost through my second week of my second chemotherapy regimen and I'm feeling really good.  Other than some dry skin (I've got a lot of skin) I have had almost no side effects.    Actually I feel better than I've felt for a couple of years - since before Jack was diagnosed with brain cancer.  And, HURRAY, the sun has finally come to the northwest.  My surgery is healing nicely and quickly.  The doctor is very pleased.  I'm still not as physically fit as I plan to be, but everyday I'm doing something to help that.   Gotta go at it slowly.  Don't want to "bust" anything. Working in the yard has been wonderful and the yard is actually starting to look like a place I'd like to spend time.  My sister-in-law, Jean, and I have made a commitment to walk at least three mornings a week.  When the weather is good it's easy to do.  Also, I plan to utilize the elliptical machine that is sitting like an "elephant" in the middle of my living room more every day.  Thank you Marcia!  
So there's a short update.  Today I'm off to meetings and an afternoon at Fiddle Tunes in Port Townsend with my Chele friend.  Looking forward to visiting with friends we haven't seen since last summer!
Hugs

No comments: